1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
    Dismiss Notice

Help black screen with new games

pieeater2015 Jul 14, 2016

1. pieeater2015

pieeater2015 Member

I have a wiiu on 5.3.2 my problem is when I try to run M and S 2016 and Lego 2016 I'm getting a black screen.I got the games from many different sources and I get the same result.The games show up in loadiine gx2 GUI but when the game loads I get a black screen on the Game pad.Is there a way to fix this?Thanks for reading.

2. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

You need to spoof the firmware version of your wiiu. I've no idea how to do this cause I run 5.5.0 so I have no problems running new games. Someone else here may be able to help you though. Sorry

3. pieeater2015

pieeater2015 Member

I have spoofed with wup installer to latest firmware but still get a black screen with said games.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  4. ducky1549

ducky1549 Member

some games only work with certain loadiine revisions and updates if you have updated the game then the update might be stopping it. try a diff revision of loadiine or update version for the games and see if that helps. i'll try get these games and see if they load on mine but i need to know exactly which games i know the m&s is the rio but you just mentioned lego 2016 that could mean anything if it's starwars force awakened it works on gx2 0.3 but it has a long load time when starting up. use this site for games that have been tested Loadiine compatibility list - WikiTemp, the GBAtemp wiki about 95% of the games i have tried work great some have long load times though.

5. pieeater2015

pieeater2015 Member

Yes its the force awakens.I have tried with gx 0.3 still wont work for me it came in a rar file with s and m 2016 it was called gx2 updated.

6. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

Have you tried the latest nightly? Use the latest from here if you haven't tried already. https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases (odffac5.zip)
    Don't worry about the part where it says not a stable release expect bugs cause it works great.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  7. pieeater2015

pieeater2015 Member

It worked for Lego after a bit of a wait and Mario and sonic has just come on after about a 3 min wait.Thanks for the help fellers all sorted now until the next problem.cheers

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  8. pieeater2015

pieeater2015 Member

Got a new problem now what I have just noticed, Mario kart 8 wont work anymore.I have tried a couple of versions of it even updated ones with being spoofed to the latest firware,I can see it in loadiine gx2 GUI and I have tried the latest version of GX about 6 days old and the oldest from may but still blackscreen,also I have deleted the saves from the memory card each time I try a different version of MK8.Just to recap I'm on 5.3.2. spoofed to latst firmware.

9. Bumpfi

Bumpfi Member

perhaps you should update your wiiu to 5.5.1 (nintendo update, don't spoof). mk8 works fine with default settings, with newest update v64 you need ssbm

10. pieeater2015

pieeater2015 Member

That's what I decided too do a while back I just forgot to update my thread .I updated to 5.5.1 but the problem was that my 128gig card when near 75% full was not loading some games,so I put the games that had problems on a Sd card with lots of spare space and they load instant.