1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial Hack vWii without a game via Wuphax

MattKimura Nov 5, 2016

1. MattKimura

MattKimura Active Member

It's now possible to hack vWii (Virtual Wii) on the WiiU without a game exploit, thanks to FIX94. You can find his original thread HERE

Downloads:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Be sure to unplug any USB devices before you get started

1) Extract the wiiu folder from the Homebrew Launcher zip to your SD card
    2) Extract the .elf file from the Wuphax zip, place it in wiiu/apps/
    3) Extract Hackmii installer's .elf to the root of your SD card
    4) Put the SD into the WiiU, and launch the browser
    5) Type this URL: loadiine.ovh/550/HBLK (Must be on 5.5.1 to use this)
    6) Choose Wuphax from the list
    7) Press A to backup your current Mii Channel, then inject
    8) Press Home, then home again to exit Homebrew Launcher, close out Mii Maker
    9) Launch vWii (Wii mode)
    10) Launch Mii Channel and Hackmii Installer will run
    11) Install Homebrew Channel and exit Hackmii Installer
    12) Exit vWii and go back to Wiiu mode. boot back into Homebrew Launcher using step 5
    13) Run Wuphax again, press B to restore your original Mii Channel

You now have Homebrew Channel installed in vWii which opens you up to homebrew in Wii mode.
    By default, you should be able to run Gamecube backups via Nintendont, and emulators.
    If you want to further setup vWii to be able to run Wii backups, use THIS GUIDE HERE to install cIOS D2X

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016 at 3:30 AM
  2. somchailove3

somchailove3 New Member

thank bros

3. SKRunki

SKRunki New Member

I need some serious help when it comes to finding the ip address, I am more used to hacking my actual wii.

Thanks for the help :D

4. bigdadblair

bigdadblair Member

Go on wiiU and get you mac ID then goto into your router and and match it up with one in there it will also show the ip.
    --- Post updated ---
    --- Post updated ---

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  5. MattKimura

MattKimura Active Member

Bump

Updated the guide entirely with FIX94's new easier method!

6. SKRunki

SKRunki New Member

Thanks a ton dude. although finding the password was a pain in the ass. I now have homebrew

7. jediaviator

jediaviator Member

"By default, you should be able to run Gamecube backups via Nintendont, and emulators.
    If you want to further setup vWii to be able to run Wii backups, use THIS GUIDE HERE to install cIOS D2X"

Would there be a way to transfer my hard drive on my old Wii that boots gamecube and wii games over with out having to use nintendont but USB loader GX?

8. bigdadblair

bigdadblair Member

No prob, in my second comment I put a link to Ip scanner, that works really good. I didnt think on it till after the first post. At least you know how to get into router now!!.

9. MattKimura

MattKimura Active Member

Sure, just plug in your old hard drive into the Wii U and launch vWii. You may need a Y USB Cable for it to get enough power, since the Wii U's USB ports supply low voltage.

You can have USB Loader GX display both Gamecube and Wii games, along with their box art.

10. jediaviator

jediaviator Member

So some of my games showed up from the Wii (7 out of 50) on the GX loader. I have ordered a Y- cable for the HDD for more power. Is this going to fix the issue or is there some kind of setting on the GX loader to fix why they don't show up? All the gamecube games have shown up, but some of them will crash the Wii U. I tried to load the GCverify program to check some of the MD5 hashes but I am lost of what exactly I'm looking for. Also was going to ask if you can play multi player on a gamecube game like Smash Melee with a couple of Wiiu Pro controllers?

11. MattKimura

MattKimura Active Member

Plug it into your computer and verify that the games are setup like so:

Gamecube:
    USB:/games/NAMEOFGAME [GameID]/game.iso

Wii:
    USB:/wbfs/NAMEOF GAME [GameID]/[GameID].wbfs

Name of game being the name of the game (Doesnt have to be specific), and Game ID being the game's ID

Also be sure in settings of USB Loader GX, that your default loader is Nintendont. And also have Nintendont in SD:/apps/

As for Wii U pro controller, I never used it before. It might be able to use multiple ones since they connect like wii remotes in a way, and aren't HID controllers I believe. You'd have to look in the Nintendon't thread HERE

12. jediaviator

jediaviator Member

All of the games are in the corresponding folders for the gamecube and Wii. Still no luck, I am going to wait until the Y-cable comes in because I think the HDD is under powered. I keep hearing a "clicking" noise when I boot it up.