1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial How to dump Wii U games using DDD

JohnathanMonkey Jul 8, 2016

1. JohnathanMonkey

JohnathanMonkey Well-Known Member Staff Member Uploader

This is a step by step guide on how I use DDD to dump my Wii U games.

Step 1: Download DDD and title dumper (I am using the windows version) from here - https://github.com/dimok789/ddd/releases

Step 2: Put DDD on your Wii U SD card in the "wiiu/apps folder.

Step 3: On your computer, click on Start and type cmd and press enter and a black box will appear.

Step 4: locate your Title Dumper folder and drag the titledumper.exe file into your command prompt black box.

Step 5: In the command prompt box, add a space (press the spacebar key) and type the folder name of what you want to dump. In this case, we are going to be dumping the full game. After the space, type /vol/ and add a space.

Step 6: Now you will put the address of where you want the game to dump. In this case, I will be dumping it to the same folder that I have titledumper.exe in. Copy the address from the top of the folder and paste it in the command prompt box with "" "" around the address. EXAMPLE: "C:\Users\johnathan\Downloads\titledumper.win32.v0.4" It should look like the picture below.

DDD 5.jpg

Step 7: Press enter and it will say "Waiting for Wii U connection..." Now onto the Wii U!

Step 8: On your Wii U, Load Homebrew Browser in whatever way you use. I use Loadiine.ovh from the internet browser. Once in Homebrew Browser, launch DDD.

Step 9: You will be presented with a black screen. On the screen you will see Setup IP address of server Application. You need to change the IP address of the Server IP to the IP address of your computer (to find this, click on the start button on your computer and type cmd and press enter. In the black box, type ipconfig. Scroll up to IPv4 and your IP address will be there.) using the "vvv" over the numbers, change the IP address to match your computers using the up and down keys. Once you have your IP address, press the X button and it will return you to the Wii U main menu.

Step 10: Choose what game you want to dump. This can be either from the disc you have or from an Eshop game you have downloaded. Once you select the game, your game will load, but freeze on the opening screen. You will see your game being dumped on your command prompt box on your computer.

Step 11: Just wait for your game to be dumped (the game will load once it's done) This can take up to 3+ hours depending on how big your game is and your network speed.

Step 12: Once the game has been dumped, press the home button and click close. Check your command prompt box and after about 5 - 10 seconds, you will see it begin to dump the meta folder. Wait for that to complete and you are done! Check the folder that you pointed to in step 6 and you will see a folder called vol. Inside that folder you will see your code, content, and meta folders. Create a new folder and rename it to what it needs to be. To find this out, open the meta folder and right click on the meta.xml and click edit. Locate the Product Code and use the last 4 and use the last 2 from the Company Code as seen in the picture. In this case, I just dumped Golden Sun for GBA. So using the picture, my folder will be named Golden Sun [PAFE01].

DDD 6.jpg

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will happily help!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. lolation

lolation New Member

Thank you bro
    Working on 7 64bit ?

3. JohnathanMonkey

JohnathanMonkey Well-Known Member Staff Member Uploader

Yes that is what I am using :)

4. szakes45

szakes45 New Member

great tutorial. just a couple of questions, I am new to this and when I go to dump the disc I have it says preparing update. is that for the game or system? as obviously don't want system update! I successfully got splatoon backed up but went to play on loadiine and just crashed. have you got any tips at all? thanks for tutorial. ps I got a gui to help with titledumper.exe

it shows up on loadiine but I go to play it just shows black screen. I am on 5.5.1

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  5. SixInchLegs

SixInchLegs New Member

if anyone is having issues with the black screen while running your legit backups from sd card, with the legit backup i have found running from a sd card it does take a bit longer for games to boot and sometimes the games are a bit glitchy, so if your sat there after a few seconds waiting for the game to load or what ever the case maybe please be patience and wait it happens to all of my legit games on sd card