1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial Injecting TG 16/PC Engine Roms - Quick Guide

HerptyDerpty Jul 15, 2016

1. HerptyDerpty

HerptyDerpty Chaos Contributor Staff Member Super Uploader

[​IMG]
    You're going to need a legitimate Virtual Console title to start, go for R-Type, it was the one I had the most success with.

Download a Hex Editor, if you don't have one already.

Locate the file pce.pkg in the R-Type Folder.
    [​IMG]

Open pce.pkg in a hex editor (make a back-up if you aren't confident).
    [​IMG]

You now need to locate where the rom file is. This can be easily done by downloading a copy of the US R-Type rom. And opening that in a hex editor. Then copying the opening few rows of hex.
    [​IMG]

Return to PCE.pkg in the hex editor. And search for the hex values you just copied from the R-Type rom.
    [​IMG]

You have found where the rom is. Delete everything from the hex value 78 onwards.
    [​IMG]

You'll end up with something that looks like this.....
    [​IMG]
    If you messed it up or are worried you did it wrong. Download this one I already made for you... D;

Password:
    Code:
    herptyderpty
    Download:
    Code:
    http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/FjPJQ7rv/file.html

Now find a rom you want to try out. You choose Strip Fighter II because you are a perv :(. Open it in the hex editor, select all and cut.
    [​IMG]

Paste it into pce.pkg and save, injection done. See if it works. I actually haven't tried that game because I'm not a perv, like you. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016