1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo NX Has A Core Idea Which Doesn't Just "Follow Advancements In Technology"

NeoGamer Jun 28, 2016

1. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Well-Known Member Staff Member

Nintendo NX Has A Core Idea Which Doesn't Just "Follow Advancements In Technology", Claims Miyamoto
    [​IMG]

While many expected Nintendo to show the Nintendo NX at E3 some time ago, it clearly wasn't ready to be unveiled right now, so it made sense to double down on the upcoming NX launch title (and Wii U swansong)
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild instead.

Of course that isn't going to stop the press asking questions. Recently The Associated Press quizzed Miyamoto-san about how the Nintendo NX will factor into the console cycle revolution, in light of the technological advances announced by the PlayStation and Xbox camps. Here's what he had to say:
    In terms of NX, there's an idea that we're working on. That's why we can't share anything at this point, and I don't want to comment on the other companies. If it was just a matter of following advancements in technology, things would be coming out a lot quicker.
    While we're expecting the home console NX variant to at least match today's PS4 and Xbox One in terms of power for those lovely third party ports, it's clear from Miyamoto's comment that Nintendo once again is not entering the tech specs war.

2. HerptyDerpty

HerptyDerpty Chaos Contributor Staff Member Super Uploader

This thing is meant to be out in under a year, they've basically pulled the plug on Wii U... and that quote from Miyamoto has me worried. It's really hard to have faith in the company at the moment.... in the past, I would have probably gotten on NX straight off the bat. Now, I'm seriously considering just getting a PS4. :(

3. mitcha

mitcha Active Member

mee to a ps4 is a good deal for those games in development like god of war and much more.
    but i like so much nintendo for their develoment idea , wii , 3ds ... there is always good idea in my opinion for familly games and not so much for hardcore gamer, but it's nintendo.
    i expect a new idea too for NX ( i hope) who make me buy it.
    the two others company are good too this year , with powerfull machines and very good games (even exclusive games).

but i wait until i see the NX and most important , the games on NX.
    so i have a questions for you guys , i like to know , what game(s) should/must be on NX launch ? except zelda.

4. HerptyDerpty

HerptyDerpty Chaos Contributor Staff Member Super Uploader

Hehehe.. 'Hardcore gamer'. I mean, unless you are some sort crazy Neo Geo/Saturn schmup collector... this kinda means; 'games with bewbs and guns' now. Give a kid used to playing GTA/COD etc a copy of Luigi U and watch how badly they suck. xD

Anyway. Went off topic. I'd like to see Nintendo do a few more new IPs. I'm hoping the success of Splatoon shows them that people aren't afraid of Nintendo doing new types of games. I'd like too see less controller gimmicks now too. Even Nintendo didn't fully know what to do with the gamepad most of the time...

I'd like them to acknowledge that other companies make fantastic games too. Nintendo have a tendency to not pay attention to the competition too much. I mean, you can consider it good because it's means it's 100% Nintendo... but, what movie director doesn't watch other peoples movies and take 'inspiration' from them etc? It'd be great to see Nintendo's take on doing a modern open-world type of game, they could really freshen that genre up because the likes of Ubisoft sure as hell aren't.

Saying all of that. If they bring Bayonetta 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles X2.... I'll be in the queue with everybody else.. xD

5. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Well-Known Member Staff Member

[video]https://youtu.be/GOglgyZpJms[/video]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016