1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One Receiving Acclaimed Puzzle Game The Witness

News Bot Aug 23, 2016

1. News Bot

News Bot Chaos Immortal

Earlier this year, Braid developer Jonathan Blow's most recent game, The Witness, launched on PS4 and PC. Today, Blow announced that the game is also coming to Xbox One on September 13.
    As reported by IGN, Jonathan Blow and his studio, Thekla, Inc., are bringing The Witness to Xbox One with very few changes. "There are some technical differences, but it's basically the same game," he said.
    And when asked if The Witness would come out on the new platform with exclusive content, Blow put such concerns to rest: "I feel like that would kind of… mess up the game."
    Thekla and Jonathan Blow had been considering an Xbox One version of The Witness since soon after its release. It was even rated for Xbox One way back in January.
    Thekla is also currently working on an iOS version of the game, but the studio isn't saying when it'll come out. But it will be essentially the same game as the PS4, PC, and Xbox One versions, just with lower graphical fidelity.
    The Witness originally was released in January for PS4 and PC, and it received critical and commercial acclaim. In GameSpot's 9/10 review, critic Mike Mahardy wrote, "The Witness is one of the most challenging games I've ever played. During my playthrough, I experienced confusion, uncertainty, and mental exhaustion as I tried to understand this game's intricacies... But when you do persist, frustration gives way to gratification. This is what makes The Witness special."

More...